Ductwork is the unsung hero of your air conditioning system, delivering cool air seamlessly to your indoors. Because it is hidden behind walls, in attics and in crawlspaces, it is easy to forget about. While ductwork doesn’t need bi-annual maintenance like the in-and outdoor units of your air conditioning system, it still needs to be maintained. There are a lot of companies offering cheap duct cleaning services in Lakeland, so it’s important to hire a company you know and trust, like Air Conditioning Experts.
Why Do I Need Duct Cleaning?
There are several reasons why duct cleaning is important for both you and your air conditioner:
- Indoor air quality – while your air conditioner is equipped with a filter that helps reduce the amount of dust and dirt entering your system, this filter can’t get all of it. As such, dust and dirt can build-up inside your vents and pollute the air that enters into your living spaces.
- Better energy efficiency – the buildup of dust and dirt doesn’t just infect the air you breathe, it also chokes up your air conditioner. Dust and dirt build-up in the vents can restrict air flow and cause “breathing” problems for your AC, resulting in stress on your system. Any time an air conditioner operates under stressful conditions, it needs more energy to run.
- Removal of contaminants – ductwork can be a great place for growths like mold, mildew and fungi to thrive; duct cleaning helps remove these contaminants from your ductwork.
How Frequently Should Ductwork Be Cleaned?
The industry standard for duct cleaning is 3-5 years, but the following factors can shorten that time period closer to 3 years:
- If there are smokers in your home
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- Prior water damage to the home or HVAC system
- Pest infestation
- Home occupants with allergies or asthma
- Recent home renovations or remodeling
- If you are moving into a new home
Always Use Certified Professionals
As we mentioned above, there are a number of companies offering quick deals on duct cleaning and may not clean your ductwork as needed.
The NATE-certified technicians at Air Conditioning Experts are trained duct cleaning professionals in Lakeland, and will do it correctly. Call us today.